Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Interestingly enough, I have found out that time passes more quickly in Japan than anywhere else in the world. Or so it would seem.
The days after last semester´s exams flew by and all of a sudden I am back home from my much awaited trip to Kyushu. And it was heaven! Getting away from the I-House, which has become almost vacant, to a hotter climate to explore the southern part of this magical country... a much needed vacation.

After having planned the trip for two days I was joined by a Finnish girl named Henna who was eager to escape the cold. And what a traveling team we made! My very modest skill of speaking Japanese combined with her kanji reading skills made us deadly when it came to asking for help or reading random signs or town names. Also, as Henna was joining a trip I had already planned I could drag her everywhere without complaint.  As I have a lot to explain about each place, although I go quickly over things, I want to split it down into separate posts, so not to bore you to death, my dear readers.

We´ll start off with Beppu....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Yay!! Awesome! Ferðasaga!! :D

úhh, btw ég er að reyna að byrja aftur á eldgamla blogginu mínu ef þú hefur áhuga ;)

perdu said...

já Pollý! Góð! :D
Endilega sendu mér linkinn!