Monday, February 1, 2010

Today it snowed! And I who had been waiting eagerly for the coming of spring... will stop holding my breath for now. Still, even if it is the first of February, the prospect of finally being able to see some snow and possibly make a snowman or two is very exciting. Speaking of snow, recently I have had these strange feelings of Christmas.... what with everything being so quiet and cold recently. My mind, deprived of real Christmas this year, is probably making up for it now, silly thing.

The snow swiftly turned to rain and it gave me no small pleasure to open the door-window to the balcony, breathe in the fresh air and listening to the rain hitting the ground and tin roof, much like listening to a waterfall in the distance. Ahh the small moments of life....

I am so excited to be hitting the road soon. These past few days I have been scouring the internet for means of transportation, places of interest and Japanese-style hotels. I have been waiting a long time to go out and actively explore the country, not just sit still in one place. Just thinking of how much sightseeing I will be doing and all the places I will be able to explore, it positively gets my skin tingling. :)

To conclude today´s blog; I finally feel more at home in the I-House and less like I am... in the way.

p.s. I just started reading the diary of Anne Frank and it took some force to remove myself from it again. Highly recommend it.

6 comments:

Gudgeir said...

Ég sakna snjósins.

Til lukku með komandi frí og ósk um farsælt ferðalag um Asíu (og Eyjaálfu?).

Yours truly said...

Oh Hildur!!! má ég koma með þér?! mér líður...In the way í dreka tímum... zannen!

Yours truly said...

My god... af hverju kem ég sem bloggið mitt.!? Beta sem sagt, ef þú hefur ekki séð það útúr golden girl myndinni

perdu said...

haha og dreka kommentinu.
sure, ekki málið, ég skal taka myndina af þér og Dísu með mér svo þið missið ekki af neinu!

hilda said...

anne frank er svo góð bók - ég las hana svona þúsund sinnum í æsku.

góða ferð elsku hildur mín!

Ingulyng said...

Ahhh, rigning... ég sakna alvöru hellidemburigninga...
Og ég sakna þín!