Thursday, January 28, 2010

未来はずっと先だよ 僕にも分かれない

I strongly dislike being sick. These days the I-House is all but deserted and sitting in the vacant common area of the 4th floor, I have been watching the sun move from one part of the sky all the way to the opposite side. After just over a week of sickness and being stuck inside (which frustrates me to no small degree) I can safely say I have had enough and am ready to go out and play. I have high hopes that this cold will clear up by tomorrow so I can go take a long-needed walk... or take a trip to Osaka....

That is not to say that today has been entirely fruitless. I finally sat down and started planning my amazing trip I will be taking in February- March. School doesn´t start untill the beginning of April so I have plenty of time for sight-seeing and traveling.
Some stops I want to make so far include:
  • Witness the real-life effects of atomic warfare in Hiroshima and Nagasaki
  • Pray at Ise Shrine, the holiest Shinto shrine in the world
  • Explore the grounds of Himeji Castle in Himeji
  • See the three great views of Japan (Nihon Sankei); Matsushima, Amanohashidate and Itsukushima
  • Climb the 3776 meter Mount Fuji, an icon of Japan.
  • Ascend Mount Aso to see one of the world's largest calderas
  • Climb the 2446 stone stops of the holy Haguru mountain through an amazing primeval forest.
  • Soak in the hot springs of Japan's Onsen Capital, Beppu.
  • Overnight in one of the holy temples of Mount Koya
Care of http://wikitravel.org/en/Japan

Will be polishing the details of when I´m leaving, how long I stay at each place and if I´ll include a trip to a not-easily-accessible long lost valley, and will see who wants to tag along on my quest to find the spirit of Japan! Promise to at least try to take as many pictures as I can.

Have got to get back to my busy schedule now.

Update: It´s only yesterday I finished my classes and can now go back to doing whatever I want. 
So far I have been spending the last two hours reading a blog by a random guy teaching Greek lit. and trying to find some courses I can take before school starts again. Kendo, Archery, Latin, Baking... anything. I have also been trying to pick courses I can take at HÍ when I get back home. I just don´t do well sitting empty-handed...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously, I am in love with your brain. Or at least your vocabulary and writing.

Please go on that trip and see everything and more!!! And take some pictures for us who aren't there with you.. although I really wish I was.

And that guy, I think that's the same blog I was reading yesterday XD He's hilarious and kinda reminds me of our former Latin teacher. *sigh* I miss Latin.

perdu said...

Pollz, takk fyrir kommentið :P

vildi að þú værir hérna og gætir komið með mér í ferðina, úff það væri geggjað!

haha árni magister! er að pæla í að kíkja aftur í versló við tækifæri og fá að vera með í latínutímum, for old times sake.... gæti borgað honum í nikótíntyggjói :P

Villimey said...

Gaman að sjá að þú ert búin að plana allt saman! :D Ég væri ógeðslega til í að fara á alla staðina með þér!

Vonandi getum við gert eitthvað skemmtilegt saman þegar við hin komum í haust :)

Miss ya! *knús*

perdu said...

Já, það væri ekkert smá kúl að hitta á ykkur þegar þið komið. Eruð þið eitthvað búin að plana hvenær það verður?

Villimey said...

ég er að spá að koma einhverntímann í Ágúst. Ég veit ekki hvenær hinir ætla að koma...